Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Traveling Home


I was able to go to Utah soon after Leticia's husband, Samson returned from Iraq.  They  were moving to Tuscon, AZ and I now got to help her move.  I also had a Hancock family reunion in Springville Canyon and loose ends to tie up.  It was wonderful to see family again!
Traveling back, looking out the window, watching the ground below--cropcircles, roads to everywhere, squares of rich earth, clouds.



   After hours of flying over land, I was now over water.  I was getting closer.   The blue water with clouds below me...a feeling welled up inside of me, quite unexpected--I was almost home!  Out in the middle of the ocean was what I have come to feel as home.  I was coming, my family is waiting.  My home, in the middle of the ocean.



Then another thought came to me very clearly.  The similarity was stark and real.  It looked like heaven, with blue sky and white clouds.  But it was really water. Looking below, I could see the sky above.   I have another home I long to return to.  Tears came to my eyes.  I wanted and desired to do everything I possibly could to return there.  I have family there too, waiting for me to return.



Someday I'll return.  One day, I want to go home.  With His help I will get there, to my Home, up above.

No comments:

Post a Comment