Monday, August 22, 2011

Through Nature, God Speaks

I am trying to listen.
God speaks in many ways.  He uses mediums we are familiar with, and even ones we are not in hopes of exposing us to the many ways and means of His endless ability to try and reach us.  Nature is one of them, but do we notice or are we listening?  I bought a book which I have referred to on-line but not owned till now, "Animal Speak",  in hopes of learning, noticing, observing and listening.   A friend was talking to me the other day here, he was raised Atheist and found God on his own terms after many trials and errors.  He told me an exercise he used and is teaching his teenage girls, which I want to remember.  We can hear God and feel His presence, but we have to listen.  You know, how do we learn to listen?  I have asked this many times, because it is not that easy to just do. I am sorry for my weakness in this, but sometimes I just don't recognize it.  I needed a tool or something. 
This song expresses some of my feelings, there is a God and nature can speak to us.


www.andiesisle.com/creation/magnificent.html

 He said something that struck me.
 This is it.
"How far can you listen?"  I said what do you mean?  He explained:  You sit and listen...Go to the immediate surroundings--people in the room, radio, then go farther, the next room-- TV on in house, a fan, then farther, outside--birds, cars, wind, then farther.  Downtown--more cars, the beach (for me) waves,  then try for farther, let go, don't think. Where are you? What do you feel?  What do you hear?  Is someone there?  A Presence?
What a wonderful exercise and a tool to help me!

I recalled a Cardinal bird that came and sat next to me. This was about a month ago.  I have been pondering this.   It just stayed there within 2 feet of me, just watching me. I went and got the camera.  It was still there.  I took a picture.  For about 10 minutes we just "observed" each other.  It was beautiful.  I expressed gratitude.  I wondered.....Was it for me?  I saw one the next day and several more times that week and looked it up. I wondered again.
I saw another one in the parking lot in the middle of town a few days ago in the parking stall I was pulling into.   It reminded me of this previous experience.  I will error on the side of thinking that anything good comes from God, and not possibly miss the message that was becoming obvious.
What  do Cardinals mean?  Just a few highlights:  We have an opportunity to renew our own vitality and recognize the importance of our own life roles.  We should be listening to the inner voice and aspects of creativity and intuition more strongly.  Be more  careful about your diet, that what you are eating may be injurious to yourself and affecting your overall vitality.  Cycle of 12 is important.    "Animal Speak"  Ted Andrews
 All good things to work on.   Thanks for the reminder.   I just had some tests done, and yes, I am allergic to some of the things I use for protein, almonds and some grains, wheat, quinoa and amaranth.  I will work on this.  Hhmmmm. How did that cardinal know all that? :)

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment