Friday, June 3, 2011

3 Sunsets separtated by miles of water

Sunset in Logan, UT looking at the Wellsville Mountains.



Beautiful Sunset in the White Mountains, AZ area.



I have always loved sunsets. I love sunrises too, but they are a bit early. I don't catch as many of those. It occurred to me the other day that it is a bit tricky to tell if it is a sunrise or a sunset from a picture. They look the same. God placed a setting of the sun at the end of the day, and a rising of the sun at the beginning of the day. No matter where you are, you can see the hand of God at the end and the beginning of each day.



I see a sunset and I see God putting his crowning touch at both ends of each day, just to let us know He is there if we notice. I saw this sunset and as I took the picture, you could barely see rays coming up as the sun set and it created a "crown". It made me think of all the sunsets and sunrises I have taken notice of and I was full of gratitude for their beauty.




I was grateful to be on a beautiful island where I can enjoy spectacular sunsets that remind me of Him and his love for each of us. No matter where we are, in Logan, UT or Maui, Hawaii separated by miles of water, God made the same sun to set everywhere, that we can be connected and reminded of his love first thing in the morning (if we are up) and at the close of the day, and feel grateful to have another day to improve and look forward to a beautiful beginning the next day.



Thank you God, for the crowning end to each beautiful day.

1 comment: